- 12 slices wheat bread
- 1/2 cup low fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tsp margarine
- 2 tsp canola oil
- Canola oil spray
- Light syrup
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups / spoons
- Lightly toast bread.
- Mix yogurt, egg whites, 2 tsp oil, and vanilla.
- Bring skillet to medium heat.
- Spray oil on skillet.
- Dip each slide of bread in yogurt & egg mixture and place on skillet.
- Cook bread for 2 minutes until golden brown and flip and cook 2 minutes on other side until golden brown.
- Top cooked toast with a little margarine and light syrup or fruit preserves.
Nutrition per serving:
210 Calories, 4.5 g saturated fat (23%),
0g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium (15%),
4 g fiber (16%), 11g protein, 10% VitA,
0% Vit C, 3% Calcium, 8 % Iron