- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cups honey
- 1.5 cups nonfat evaporated milk
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 graham cracker pie shell
- Food processor
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes and pierce several times with a fork.
- Place potatoes in microwave on a paper towel and cook on high for 8 minutes (for two potatoes).
- Remove skin of potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, mix all of the ingredients thoroughly until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture in the pie shell and bake it in the oven for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, take the pie out of the oven and let it cool for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool (serve warm).
Nutrition per serving (bread alone):
210 Calories, 1 g saturated fat (5%),
0g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol , 120 mg sodium (5%),
4g fiber (16%), 5g protein, 2% VitA,
6% Vit C, 6% Calcium, 10% Iron
Nutrition per serving with frozen yogurt and Kahlua:
330 Calories, 2 g saturated fat (10%),
0g trans fat, 35 mg cholesterol (12%) , 150 mg sodium (6%),
4g fiber (16%), 10g protein, 4% VitA,
6% Vit C, 20% Calcium, 10% Iron