- 2.5 lb whole chicken
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- 2 medium (1.5 cups) potatoes
- 1 cube low sodium bouillon
- 4 tbsp curry powder
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp coconut flavor
- 2 medium onions
- 1/2 Calabasas squash
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 medium bell peppers
- 3 stalks celery (1 cup)
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- 2 Tbsp crumbled bay leaf
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 carrots (1.5 cups)
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 diced habanero pepper
- 2 tsp allspice
- Large pot
- Cooking knives
- Cutting board
- Rinse chicken, remove skin, and cut chicken into 2 inch cubes.
- Clean and dice garlic, onions, & peppers. (Be very careful with the habanero, it is very hot and can burn your eyes.)
- Mix the diced vegetables and 2 Tbsp oil and spices and marinate over night.
- Clean and chop carrots, potatoes, squash, cauliflower and celery.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in pot on medium heat and add chicken, stirring periodically until golden brown.
- Add carrots, potatoes, celery and squash.
- Stir for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add yogurt and bouillon.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 30 min.
- Stir in cauliflower and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Serve over rice with a green salad.
Nutrition per serving:
510 Calories, 4.5g saturated fat (23%),
0g trans fat, x100mg cholesterol (33%), 450 mg sodium (19%),
4g fiber (16%), 37g protein, 150% VitA, 35% Vit C,
10% Calcium, 30% Iron