- 3 lb of Freshly picked collard greens
- ½ lb of smoked turkey wings/ or legs cut in pieces
- one large onion diced
- 3tbls of Badia season complete
- 32oz of cold water
- 4tbls of apple cider vinegar
- 1tsp of honey
- Large pot
- Cutting board
- Cooking knives
- Place 2 1/2 quarts of water in large, deep pot with smoked turkey wings bring to rolling boil for 45 minutes.
- Wash and clean all dirt and foreign matter from collard greens.
- Cut stalk away from greens and discard. Cut greens in one inch pieces by rolling five to seven leaves tightly, then cutting length wise and then crosscut.
- Clean and dice a large onion.
- Remove turkey from water and reserve the fluid.
- Cut turkey meat from bone and discard bones.
- Add the reserved water, turkey, greens, onion, vinegar, Badia complete seasoning, honey, and salt and then bring to a simmer and let it cook for two hours.
Nutrition per serving:
90 Calories, 0.5 g saturated fat (3%),
0g trans fat, 15 mg cholesterol(5%), 390 mg sodium (16%),
4 g fiber (16%), 8 g protein,
150% VitA, 70% Vit C, 15% Calcium, 2% Iron