- 1 onion
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/2 celery stalk
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz cheddar cheese
- 16 oz macaroni
- 12 oz evaporated skim milk
- Cooking spray
- 4 oz safflower margarine
- Large pot
- Cooking knives
- Cutting board
- Mixing bowl
- Baking dish
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil over high heat in a large pot.
- Add macaroni and cook about two minutes short of directions on package so macaroni will still be firm or “al dente.”
- Finely dice or puree onion, pepper, and celery.
- Whisk eggs into milk.
- Stir pureed ingredients into milk mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray shallow baking dish with pam.
- Spread a layer of cooked macaroni and then sprinkle half the cheese.
- Slice margarine into 1/4 inch slices and lay these on top.
- Then, spread the remainder of the macaroni on top.
- Pour milk mixture over dish and sprinkle remaining cheese.
- Bake on center rack for 30 minutes.
Nutrition per serving:
340 Calories, 6g saturated fat (30%),
0g trans fat, 55 mg cholesterol (18%), 210 mg sodium (9%),
1g fiber (4%), 12g protein, 15% VitA,
10% Vit C, 25% Calcium, 8% Iron