- 6 fresh apples
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup of brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp of raisins
- 2 Tbsp of water
- 1/4 Cup of margarine or butter
- 1/3 Cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 Cup of all purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup of Quaker oats
- 2 Tbsp of walnuts or almonds
- 4 cups lowfat frozen yogurt (optional)
- Mixing bowl
- Cooking knife
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking pan
- Peel and slides the apples.
- Sprinkle 1/2 C of brown sugar, water, spices and raisins on apples.
- Mix together: 1/4 C of margarine or butter, sugar, flour, oats and walnuts or almonds.
- Place the apple mixture in a greased pan or dish and top with crumb mixture.
- Bake for 35 min. at 375F.
- Serve with frozen yogurt if desired. (optional)
Nutrition per serving (alone):
240 Calories, 0.5 g saturated fat (3%),
0g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol , 45 mg sodium (2%),
5g fiber (20%), 2g protein, 6% VitA,
10% Vit C, 2% Calcium, 6% Iron
Nutrition per serving with frozen yogurt:
440 Calories, 3 g saturated fat (14%),
0g trans fat, 65 mg cholesterol (22%) , 100 mg sodium (4%),
5g fiber (20%), 11g protein, 10% VitA,
10% Vit C, 25% Calcium, 6% Iron